For many years, cosmetic surgery has been linked only to females but now an increasing number of males these days are becoming more comfortable with having cosmetic procedures done in order to improve their self-image. Men’s objectives for cosmetic surgery might range from a more balanced face structure to a smaller breast or stomach. Although their objectives may align with women’s, the procedure steps are different and our plastic surgeons take into account several elements, including body type, thickness of skin, and facial hair, when performing treatments. In this blog article, we will discuss misconceptions, the most commonly requested treatments by guys, and what areas they improve.
Challenging The Stereotypes
For many guys, having plastic surgery done or even just talking about it publicly has been discouraged by the idea of masculinity. However, a more contemporary, inclusive perspective on self-care and self-improvement is progressively replacing these outdated misconceptions. Nowadays, men are using plastic surgery operations to improve their looks, highlight their unique features, and increase their self-confidence. Some of the most requested cosmetic procedures by men include:
Men usually have liposuction on different parts of the body than women do. The most desired places on guys are the flanks/love handles, chest, belly, and neck. Men and women have distinct forms of fat, too. Male fat is harder to eliminate since it is covered with fibrous tissue. The good thing is that male skin is significantly thicker and contours much better.
The goal of liposuction is to remove fat beneath the skin by creating tiny (1–2 mm) incisions that heal into almost invisible scars. Liposuction is not, and should not be considered, a weight-loss operation. However, losing fat from these trouble spots can significantly enhance a person’s overall body and shape.
The tumescent method, which reduces discomfort and bruising by injecting a numbing solution containing adrenaline before liposuction, has significantly improved the procedure in recent years. Furthermore, fat can be “melted” using a laser or ultrasonic device to speed up its removal. Men often undergo ultrasound-assisted liposuction to help break down the fat and facilitate a smoother removal process.
Wearing fitting clothing after liposuction is necessary to prevent lumpiness or uneven contours. When the procedure is performed correctly, it may target specific trouble spots on the body and provide a smooth, natural outcome. Patients should work with their surgeon to help maintain the results of liposuction through exercise and diet.
Benefits Of Male Liposuction
As we mentioned before liposuction is a surgical procedure that removes stubborn fat from the body and gives you the desired look. After the procedure is done and you recover the results are amazing. Some of the advantages that liposuction provides in males include:
- Better body shape: the main goal of liposuction is to reshape and sculpt the body and by doing so you will have a more toned and defined body.
- Although liposuction is not a weight loss treatment, it will help you remove stubborn pockets of fat that cannot be treated by diet and exercise. Having this surgery done will improve the overall look and you will reach the desired shape much faster.
- After the procedure is done many men have reported feeling more confident in their body. They have been more comfortable being shirtless and going to the beach.
- Many men claim to be in better physical health after liposuction. Since losing extra fat can lower the chance of developing specific illnesses like diabetes and heart disease, it can also benefit general health.
It’s crucial to understand that liposuction is not meant to cure obesity and is not a weight loss option. It works best for those who are almost at their target weight but have stubborn fat pockets that don’t go away with eating healthy or exercising.
You should know that you are not alone if you have been observing—or attempting to ignore—the symptoms of balding and hair thinning for some time. The majority of men will at some time in their life experience hair loss. Some men also experience hair loss as soon as they hit puberty—as early as age 15 or 16, so there is nothing to be ashamed of.
Even if it’s highly typical for guys, you don’t have to put up with it if you don’t want to. If you want to treat baldness, hair transplants are the best option, and when done by qualified doctors, they may provide incredible results. Any area of your head, beard, or eyebrows where you lack hair won’t matter because a hair transplant will address all of your problems.
Male Tummy Tuck
If you are looking for a treatment to help you with a flatter stomach, we offer you two cosmetic surgery procedures. Firstly we have an abdominoplasty, also known as male tummy tuck, which is a surgical operation used to remove extra skin from the abdomen while tightening the abdominal muscles. Liposuction, on the other hand, is used to remove fat that has accumulated in specific areas of the abdomen.
To produce the best results, these techniques are frequently combined. Since you must be only a few kilograms over your ideal weight to get the greatest benefits from these procedures, they are not considered weight loss procedures. Instead of creating curves, which is the primary objective of female tummy tucks, the purpose of these surgeries is to create a more firm and flat stomach area.
Our bodies naturally go through a number of changes as we age. Loss of skin elasticity, which shows up as more loose skin on the upper arms, is one of the most noticeable changes males go through. Those annoying “bat wings” are created when the skin droops between the elbow and the shoulder.
Another factor contributing to men’s excessive sagging skin is substantial weight loss. It is sometimes hard for the skin to shrink down to the new body contours after significant weight loss. Rather, it could start to droop. It’s also possible that extra stubborn fat remains in the area and it cannot be treated with healthy diets and exercise. An arm lift surgery for a man will remove excess fat and skin and will provide a more toned and sculpted look of the arms which will make the overall appearance look much better. This will make your muscles more apparent and the results of your workout will no longer be hidden by your sagging skin.
A surgical technique called a neck lift tries to reduce too much skin in the neck area. It is typically used to treat double chins or skin that droops along the jawline. This treatment may be done in a medical facility by a surgeon, and it typically takes two hours to finish. The surgeon will create an incision behind the ears and remove extra skin and fat from the neck region during the treatment. In certain situations, the surgeon might also need to tighten the tissue underneath. Depending on how you take care of the results, a neck lift’s effects may endure for up to ten years.
Because men’s neck skin tends to be thicker than women’s, more skin must be removed during the process. Men may also require more neck muscle tightening than women do because of their larger skin weight. In order to reduce the amount of apparent scarring following surgery, the surgeon would typically conceal the incision lines behind the ears.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery For Gynecomastia
Male breasts can be very annoying for a lot of men and the goal of gynecomastia surgery, also known as male breast reduction surgery (reduction mammaplasty), is to treat this issue. A breast lift may also be necessary if the gynecomastia is severe enough to cause the breast envelope to droop.
Am I A Good Candidate For Gynecomastia Surgery?
The most common cause of gynecomastia is an imbalance in the ratio of testosterone to estrogen. Certain recreational substances as well as prescribed medicines may also add to this imbalance. Whatever the reason, guys with extra breast tissue frequently feel self-conscious about their looks and don’t feel comfortable showing their bodies. This treatment has a very high success rate and has been shown to greatly improve the patient’s quality of life.
- Liposuction: A tiny metal cannula is used to perform suction-assisted liposuction. The cannula insertion site may leave tiny, discrete scars as a result of this treatment. For breasts without excessive skin laxity and mild to severe extra fatty tissue relative to glandular tissue, this method will work very well.
- Excision: Excess skin and breast tissue are taken out surgically. Before your procedure, your plastic surgeon will explain the exact nature of the incisional scar, which varies. When relocating the nipple-areolar complex and excising skin is necessary due to moderate to severe gynecomastia, this approach is perfect.
After this treatment, there is a very short and easy healing period. Your doctor will prescribe some medicine to treat your symptoms since the pain varies from mild to moderate. Drains may be utilized following surgery, and they may remain for one to two weeks. You need to come back to the doctor to get them taken out. Sex and physical activity should be avoided at all times since stress or friction will delay the healing process. You can go back to work whenever it’s comfortable for you, depending on how much pain and suffering you’re experiencing. For your own safety, experts advise waiting for at least one week. To contour the body and maintain the shape you need to wear a compression vest for at least 6 weeks and if you tolerate it well start with small walks and gradually increase the time. You must wear a compression vest for at least six weeks in order to shape and contour your body and if you can handle it, start off with short walks and work your way up to longer ones.
One of the most popular procedures for males seeking cosmetic surgery nowadays is chin augmentation or chin enlargement surgery, or genioplasty. The goal of the surgical procedure is to enhance the jawline, chin, and neck contours. In order to establish a more naturally beautiful balance among your facial features and to increase the size and form of a weak or receding chin, surgery often entails inserting an implant on top of your existing chin bone. A male chin implant can provide you with a long-term way to have a stronger, more manly jawline when done by a trained, experienced, and specialized cosmetic surgeon.
Why Should Men Consider Getting A Chin Implant?
A chin augmentation might boost your self-confidence if you believe that your facial characteristics are unbalanced or that your jawline is making you appear less manly. This procedure can specifically:
- This procedure will greatly improve your facial harmony by making your facial features fit better with each other.
- If your chin looks weak or recessed, you are a suitable candidate for this treatment.
- The definition of your neck and jawline will be more defined.
- If you have a small chin bone that makes your jaw look “jowly”, the chin augmentation procedure will help you reduce it.
Why Men Choose Plastic Surgery?
- A lot of guys think that being youthful, muscular, and manly will help them advance in their careers. Many men decide to have cosmetic surgery because of their jobs.
- Just like women men also want to look younger and more attractive and cosmetic surgery can make that possible for you. Events like divorce or marriage may make them more motivated to improve their physical appearance.
- When done correctly and by a specialized surgeon, cosmetic surgeries provide natural-looking results. It is very important to maintain your natural features in order to look your best.
- Insecurities are very common in both males and females and they can be due to several reasons. Some men don’t like their bodies because they doesn’t fit into society’s standards while others may have gone through an accident. Plastic surgery is a great way to address these issues and eliminate insecurities. Once a person likes his physical appearance his mental state will also improve greatly.
For a variety of reasons that we mentioned before, males are becoming more and more interested in plastic and cosmetic surgery. Men reclaiming their youth through cosmetic operations are becoming more and more accepted, in part because the stigma associated with male plastic surgery is constantly fading as years go by. These procedures can really help a lot of people who are looking to restore their bodies and gain their confidence back. If you are interested in any of the procedures mentioned above, book a consultation at Medical Tourism in Albania and we will decide together which is the right treatment for you.